Thursday, January 20, 2011

TKAM Scout's Journal #1

The much anticipated school finally started for me, today is my first day of school. To my dismay, school did not live up to my expectations at all. And it left me wonderin’  how much more embrassing ’ n’ boring school could get throughout the whole year. The more I think about school now, the more it reminds of how much I missed Dill, boy did I miss the fun time spent with him ‘n’ Jem  last summer.
Aside from its painfulness, school’s also a pretty different place, a lot from home. It ain’t fair for Miss Caroline to be picking on me all day ’n’ blamin’ me for reading or writing, angrey about what I’ve been doing ever since I can breathe. And it definitely ain’t my fault for tellin’ some truth about Walter ’n’ providing some useful true facts about Maycomb to Miss Caroline.
My day was further worsened as Jem invited Walter for lunch during our lunch break for tastin’ my fist in recess, and Walter carried out some indelicate behaviors on the dinner table which made me a little mad and Calpurnia even madder at me. I was forcefully dragged out of the dining room to eat with Calpurnia in the kitchen for lunch.
The rest of the day ain’t any better. First our class was stopped in the middle because Miss Caroline discovered a head louse from someone. Then as our class went on Burris Ewell stood up , spat on our teacher’s face about makin’ him go to school ‘n’ left the class in total chaos. Right now I’m seriously questioning myself of wether to go to school ever again or not considering the many disadvantages of it. When I asked Atticus about goin’ to school Atticus refused of me droppin’ out like the Ewells ’n’ said that if I go to school we would still read if I kept going. I’m still unsure.
How should I make Atticus take me out of school?

No comments:

Post a Comment