Thursday, January 20, 2011

TKAM Scout's JOurnal #9

 School started for me again. I always despised school, but this time it was different. I am in the fourth grade now with Miss Gates, and we are learning about things not involvin’ any forms of cards any more. Fourth grade is kinnda a magical time for me, with me steppin’ into the fourth grade, I noticed I can walk normally across the Radley place alone, not running, walking, and still with no sweat. The Radley Place ceased to scare me anymore. And now I began to see the little plays, games, or other little things that we did about Boo Radley were just little childish things that, to some degree, were not deliberately plot out. Now the image of Boo radley eating squirrels and dining on raw mice disappeared in my mind everytime I thought of him. I began to want to meet him, not makin’ him come out like makin’ a bat come out of its cave, but a more civilized way of meeting him in person, of greetin’ him just like how I greeted Miss Maudie everyday with the simple “Good Morning, right pretty spell we are havin’ isn’t it?”.  And as I realized it was Boo Radley who intentionally put the items in the knothole for us to pick up, I began looking for an opportunity to say thank you.
Today in school we talked about current events. This led us in talkin’ about Hitler, a point that Cecil Jacobs brought up with.  As our talk went on, Miss ate used the opportunity to differentiate a “democracy” and a “dictatorship” and how they were made different effects to people around the world. From the talks I noticed Miss Gates really hates Hitler a lot. But As I recalled my memory I remembered she sayin’ “It’s time someone give them (Negros) a lesson.” Is it right to hate Tom Robinson?  Can Tom Robinson and Hitler be compared? Ain’t Tom Robinson ever done something wrong ‘n’ the trial is just a part of a “democratic” display. I seize to find out the answer. As I went to Jem for the answer, Jem became overly aggressive and shook me the moment I mentioned about the trail, I was too surprised to cry. Maybe he needs time to suck it up.
Tom Robinson’s trial ain’t so fair, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment